Friday 11 December 2015

More Christmas Music



Day 11
Christmas music I could do without

About a week ago I shared with you some of the songs that I like listening at Christmas with my Christmas Mixtape post.  Today I'm going the opposite route.  This post is about the Christmas songs I don't want to hear this year.  I think they are awful and I will change the station on the radio when any of these ones come on.  

1.  Dominick the Donkey - a song about an Italian Christmas Donkey... I just don't get it.  But I especially don't like the donkey sounds.
2.  I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas - we get it... you want a hippo for Christmas?  This one is extra unbearable because of the sound of the voice that's singing.
3.  Santa Baby - I don't think it's necessary to sexualize every holiday.
4.  I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - see the above reasons but also, do we really need a song about a child's mother potentially cheating on their father with Santa?  I didn't think so.
5.  Christmas Tree by Lady Gaga.  Ok, I'll admit I don't mind the remixes (or different styles of music - if you check out my Christmas Mixtape I had a lot of Family Force Five) BUT this is practically every point that I've made above.  Well, definitely the point about not needing to sexualize Christmas but above that it just makes no sense.  

What Christmas music could you do without?

No comments: