Wednesday 26 August 2015

What's Up Wednesday


The last Wednesday of every month Shay, Mel, and Sheaffer answer these questions
(and this week I'm joining them!)


What I'm Eating This Week...

I've already made one batch of cookies and I'm making a second today or tomorrow at some point.
Plus I still have my Mississippi Mud Cookies in the freezer.  
So many cookies!

But I can't JUST eat cookies....
I'm pretty organized person when it comes to what I eat for dinners and I make a schedule at the beginning of each month and write in a couple of dinners I'm make each week (It's just me here - although John often will come for dinner when I'm making something - I still often have enough leftovers to get me by for a while).
It looks like tomorrows dinner is teriyaki chicken and stir fry. 
I bought some quinoa a while ago in hopes that it might be a better alternative to rice.  I'll see if I like it.



Sidenote:  I bought my quinoa at the Joe's nut stand in Walmart.  It seems to have really reasonably priced food there (food as in chocolate covered pretzels, flax seed, and quinoa... because that's all I ever buy from there).
But I'm CURRENTLY eating Froot Loops.
... Because why not?
These are not in a very large bowl... they are in a cup.  I put them in there so that I don't eat too many without realizing it!

What I'm Reminiscing About...

Last School Year
It was fun
It was rough
There were smiles
There were tears
As most of my readers know I've been fortunate to have my very own classroom for the last 2 years.  It looks like this year I'm going back to substitute teaching.  On the upside that means my work will NOT come home with me!

What I'm Loving

Going for long walks. 
For whatever reason I haven't done a lot of these this summer.  I recently started them back up (because I had to go to Bulk Barn one day and to get groceries another... I just decided to go for the long walks instead of jumping in my car).

What I've Been Up To...

Honestly, not a whole lot.
I've been thinking about Interactive Social Studies Journals... or ways to improve my Social Studies Program because I just really don't like it.
I've also been cleaning this week.  I'm away the next 2 weekends and decided it would be good to come back to a nice clean condo.  

What I'm Dreading...

Now that summer is winding down it means that winter is coming!  If you've come to this province in the winter you know it can get cold (like -50 kind of cold).  
Luckily, I've heard rumors that it is supposed to be a nice fall (I haven't heard what the farmer's are saying winter is supposed to be like).

What I'm Working On...

Interactive Social Studies Journals (for grade 5 and 6)
And finding ways to use technology in the classroom 
(check out some ideas on Confessions of a Modern Day Teacher)

What I'm Excited About...

I said earlier I'm away the next couple of weekends.
This weekend I'm at the lake with the girls.
We (as in myself and extended family) always head to Clear Lake for September Long.  It's like one last hoorah before school starts.  
This year John is coming along so I'm excited to show him around
AND...
he is bringing his boat so I'm excited for boating there as well.

What I'm Watching/Reading.

I've just started watching Season 6 of Modern Family.  I love this show.  It's funny and I laugh.
I've been reading (since Spring Break) The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers.  I'm about halfway through the 3rd (and final) book.  I heard great things about this series but to be honest... I'm not enjoying it too much.  Maybe Jodi Picolt has a new book out that I can read after this.

What I'm Listening To...

I don't listen to much except when I run or go for my walks.  Currently I'm listening to the traffic outside my place but that isn't what you want to hear about I'm sure.
I just made a new playlist for when I go for walks and put Olly Murs album "Right Place, Right Time" on it.  So I've also been listening to that.

What I'm Wearing...

It has been a bit of a chilly week here so it's been a pants kind of week.
I'm heading out for a haircut in a little bit and I'm sporting this
sometimes I wear these shoes without socks.... I did it all the time as a kid.  No I did not choose my shoes because of the colour of my shirt.  I choose them because these are the only ones I have like this.


What I'm Doing This Weekend...

Heading to the lake with the girls!


What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month...

Routine.
This means getting back into the swing of things with work (I'm hoping for at least 12 sub days in September which seems a bit ambitious to me).  I like getting up early (as in just after 6am), eating breakfast, and then crawling back into bed to read my Bible and pray.  I haven't been as great at doing that over the summer because often there isn't anywhere pressing that I need to get going (and personally, I think it is a great way to start off my day!)

What Else is New...

Well I bought 2 new pairs of pants for $12 each (on sale) that I'm pretty excited about.  They don't have a zipper or button to close them and I think that just makes them more comfortable.



I also bought the t-shirt that I'm wearing today (see above recently)

BONUS QUESTION
What's Your Favourite Back To School Tradition

I don't think I have one?
If I had a classroom of my own I think it would be setting it up, decorating it, and making sure it looked great for the first day of school!









No comments: