Saturday 8 August 2015

Caramel Apple Cookie Cups


52 Weeks of Cookies:  Week 6


You can find the recipe for these cookies on Life Love and Sugar
Trust me... you'll want to find the recipe for these ones!

I made an executive decision that my freezer is getting too full of cookies.  
I'm making them faster than I can give them away.

So... today I only made half a recipe (which for me meant only 8 cookies)


These cookies smelled delicious as they baked!
Like mini doughnuts!


They came out of the oven a little too puffed up 


So I took my 1/8 cup measuring cup and pushed them down a little (or a lot... I applied a lot of pressure... I figured it was okay since I had left them in the muffin tin).  
For those of us wondering if they came out of the pan easy even with me smashing them all down... they did!  I used a fork to get them out.  Originally I tried turning the pan upside down but that did nothing.  Just don't forget to spray your pan!  If you don't spray your pan first I can only imagine the trouble (and mess) you'll end up with.


John and I were supposed to go for a boat ride with my family for some ice cream but it was a rainy day.  To make up for the lack of ice cream we were currently having I decided we could top off our Caramel Apple Cookies with some ice cream.

We ended up filling all the cups with caramel but not with the left over apple pieces.  I stuck those in the fridge.  I'm not sure if I'll have enough apple pieces to fill the rest of the cups but if I don't I figured these would be good cookie ice cream bowls too (well cookie ice cream bowls with caramel in the bottoms now).

My rating?
10/10!

That's right, I said it... 10/10

THESE WERE AMAZING!
And really easy to make.  You probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen already (or at least I did)

PS.  In case you are wondering if you can save them and eat them the next day... you absolutely can!
John filled all the cups with caramel sauce and it hardened over night.  We also baked one full apple with the spices and butter (only one apple because I was doing a half recipe) and I stuck the leftovers of those in a sealed container in the fridge. The next day, when I wanted one, I just spooned some of the apples on top and stuck it in the microwave.  The caramel sauce melted and once again I topped it off with ice cream for a delicious treat!



No comments: