Saturday 23 April 2016

Peanut Butter Cookies

52 Weeks of Cookies:  Week 43


We are down to our last few cookie recipes here folks!

I figured it was time I go back and try some old favourites for a bit (or at least this week).  So here is my second attempt at Peanut Butter Cookies... using an old recipe that I likely wrote down from somewhere online but I have no idea where.

If you missed it here was my first attempt at a peanut butter cookie recipe... I was drawn in by the lack of ingredients... when/if you make them be sure to have lots of milk on hand... you'll need it!

So I already knew these ones were good... here's the recipe

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder



Directions:

Preheat oven to 350

Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a small bowl.

Beat butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy.

Add eggs and vanilla to butter mixture and beat some more.

Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix until smooth.

Bake for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven.


I brought these along with the Samoa Cookies I made last week to my Bible Study group.... no one complained!

No comments: