Monday 11 April 2016

Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies

52 Weeks of Cookies:  Week 41


I've been thinking about putting pretzels in my cookies for a while now... so I did a quick Google search and came across these lovely little numbers from My Recipes.

I didn't change anything about the recipe but I failed to read the part where it said to bake it for 10 minutes if you want a soft cookie and 14 for a crisp cookie... so mine turned out to be the crisp kind which isn't terrible.... they are just a little hard to bite into (but they are not burnt so they still taste fine).

I also wasn't sure how coarsly to chop my pretzels (or what that really meant anyways) so I just dumped them into a ziplock bag and rolled a rolling pin over them for a bit.  There were small pieces there were large pieces I didn't much care.

Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies

I also failed to read the part where it said to let the cookies cool completely before eating... and I usually eat one nearly as soon as it comes out of the oven because that is usually when a cookie is in its prime.  Not these ones.  The oven does something to the pretzels that makes them weird when they are still warmed.  I was actually a little concerned that these would be another batch of no good cookies.. but don't worry... I had many more in the next couple of days which were much better.
I give these... 8/10.  They are pretty good but I think a regular chocolate chip cookie is probably still better.


Last week I made some Nutella Cookies that were super easy to make!

No comments: