Sunday 24 April 2016

Fudge Crinkle Cookies

52 Weeks of Cookies:  Week 44


These ones are super simple to make and will only take you about 15 minutes (probably) from when you start making them to when they come out of the oven.  I found the recipe on Food.com but I think there are many MANY other versions of this... my mom made one called Zebra Cookies that was just like these.

I made these exactly as the recipe said to... but a word of warning... just read all her tips because I didn't and I'm wondering if using the last one where she says to "dry out" the cookies a little before putting the icing sugar on them would actually help to not have it get so absorbed into the cookie.  I knew this would happen from when I made my Chocolate Coffee Cookies so I rolled them all into balls and then rolled them in the icing sugar and then quickly gave them another run through the icing sugar just before popping them in the oven.... either I over oiled (which is possible because I estimated what about half the cake mix package would be) or I needed more wait time after I rolled them all into balls.  Ah well.. it doesn't affect the taste!

Speaking of taste... if you are looking for a cookie that tastes like a brownie then you'll enjoy these!  I'm giving them a 10/10 because they are easy to make and taste great (one day I'll figure out this icing sugar secret to make them look good too).


Last week I made some Peanut Butter Cookies that I was told were very good!



No comments: