Sunday 24 January 2016

Chocolate Coffee Cookies

52 Weeks of Cookies:  Week 30


Only 22 more weeks to go folks!

For this weeks cookies I strayed from my plan because I came home from work on Friday thinking that coffee cookies would be a good idea.  So I stuck it into Google and came out with these from Becel.

Chocolate Coffee Cookies
What did I change?  Well, I didn't use Becel fake butter or whatever it is they are suggesting... in fact I never use butter when it calls for it because I always have those margarine squares in my fridge that I use.  My brown sugar has gone slightly hard.  I have no idea how I don't manage to go through brown sugar quicker but this one is fairly dried out even with one of those stones in it to keep it soft.  My brown sugar could be impacting my cookies for weeks now!  I also left the dough in the fridge overnight... which I'm wondering if because the dough was chilled it impacted the way the icing sugar looks on top?  I don't know... I'm no expert!

In the end despite them not looking too great they taste relatively fine.  I wish they were a little more chewy though (but I also wish the icing sugar was nice on top... so we can't have everything we wish for!... clearly).  I'm giving these an 8/10.  They are good.... but not great.

Last week I made some Carrot Cheesecake Cookies that you should also check out.

No comments: