Friday 1 September 2017

Wedding Pictures!

It hasn't quite been a year yet...
Despite it being in October the weather was pretty decent (yes, our guests had to wear their jackets but I don't think anyone froze and we certainly didn't boil in the heat!)
All of these photos were taken at the venue (in fact, it was the only place other than where my maid of honour and myself got our hair done that pictures were taken).

Our wedding album

We've had our wedding album for a few months now.  We (ahemIahem) made it on Shutterfly and then waited for a really good deal to order it! I opted for the more expensive layflat option because then you could put a large picture across 2 pages and have it still look perfect along the spine.

Fun fact: Did you know that by signing up on Shutterfly they give you 50 free prints?  Because they do... or at least they used to!  We made our parents a smaller version of our wedding album for Christmas (I had a fabulous friend give me a code to get one of those for free too) and when we ordered our parents albums we ordered our 50 free prints (because they were still going to charge shipping on those prints)... all with the exact same photo.  We used them as our thank you's.  I think I printed about 10 to 20 others at London Drugs because 50 wasn't enough.

Anyways, enjoy some pictures from our wedding!



Our wedding ceremony




One of my favourite shots!


Why wear fancy heels when I can wear comfortable flats all day!?!

My wedding shoes (and earrings and ring)

My sister made our wedding cake

Our wedding cake

John cut some trees down at the lake to make our centerpieces (or maybe he used trees that had already fallen over?  I don't recall).  Then he burnt the tables numbers onto the wood.

Our wedding centerpieces

Our reception was in a semi permanent tent on the property (if it was too cold or rainy we were going to have the ceremony in here as well).  They had options to pump in heat in case it got too cold... not sure if they had to or not though.

Our wedding reception

Our favours were succulents.  I loved the idea but hardly anyones them made it through the winter!

Our wedding favours

Also, because purchasing and dreaming about changes (and making changes) to the new home has occupied much of our time we have't figured out a single thing to do for our first year anniversary!  Give us some ideas in the comments!

No comments: