Tuesday 12 September 2017

Clear Lake 2017

This almost didn't happen this year!

But we can't mess with tradition and so off we went on our annual excursion to Clear Lake while in the midst of house renovations, condo selling, and packing.

Every September long for who knows how many years (every year since I've been around) we've gone to Clear Lake for a family gathering.

The highlights?

1.  Dinner Boat Cruise

We went on the dinner boat cruise this year!  It was something different and we learned some interesting information about the area while on it (and the weather was perfect to be out on the boat!).  It was however pretty expensive and now that we've done it once I'm not sure we'll need to do it again.

2.  Bald Hill

The top of Bald Hill
Confession: I was almost too scared to hike the fairly short but narrow path to get to this point... I thought the breeze would send me over the edge.

We went on the Bald Hill hike this year.  14km later we got back to the car.  I think someone had figured it out and thought it would be about 10km which seems pretty doable but then we ventured off the main path to get to Bald Hill and didn't park exactly where we maybe should have... by the end I was pretty exhausted and it took me the rest of the weekend for my muscles to re cooperate.

3.  Outdoor Movies

My sister and brother in law borrowed a projector and big screen so that we could watch movies outside after it got dark.  It was the first year we ever did it and I would say it was a big success!  It did get a little chilly though so for the 2nd evening of watching movies outside we built a couple of fires to stay warmer

4.  The Food

The food is always good.  Imagine a couple of picnic tables filled with a variety of foods for dinner.  No one goes hungry at the lake!... in fact it takes a couple of days afterwards for you to actually become hungry again!

The regrets?

Just one...we still haven't gotten our Beavertails!  Come on!

No comments: