Saturday 21 November 2015

Chocolate Cheesecake Cookies

Chocolate Cheesecake Cookie Ingredients

52 Weeks of Cookies:  Week 21


You can find the recipe for these cookies here

Chocolate Cheesecake Cookies
I'm trying to use up the cream cheese I had leftover from a couple weeks ago when I made Oreo Cheesecake Cookies and these ones looked pretty good.

First off, I know if anyone was going to leave a comment it would be something about the white chocolate on top.  This time I DID NOT DO IT!  John was over setting up the tree with me and while I put the ribbon around the tree I told John that he was in charge of melting and drizzling the white chocolate on top of the cookies... this was his take on it.  Prior to giving him the option to doing it like this I did offer to stick some chocolate chips on top before I put the cookies in the oven so that they would melt while baking but he said no.

Anyways, these were not so tasty... and I don't think it is just because I don't really care too much for cream cheese.

The cookie dough sat in the fridge for about 2 hours probably and while it sat in there it got incredibly oily!  So oily that the dough was nearly impossible to form around the cream cheese icing.  It was kind of gross.. and although I halved the recipe I know I also halved the amount of oil.

On to the surprise insides... they are REALLY sweet.  Also, in the photo on the site I got the recipe from the insides look hard and not at all gooey... whereas mine run out of the cookie (okay, it isn't quite that gooey).  Or the inside is so heavy that it is about to fall right out of the bottom.

In case you hadn't guessed already I will not be making these again.  I give them 3/10... and I'm not all that sorry about it.  But someone should try making them and perhaps we can see where I went so terribly wrong!

Last week's cookies were delicious and you should definitely go and try some Turtle Cookies

No comments: