Friday 25 August 2017

I'm Thinking White

It seems my eye is drawn to white as I browse through shops because I've got nothing else to do and why not consider things I could buy to put in our new home.  I haven't allowed myself to purchase anything... yet... why buy stuff just to move it right away.. right?  But once we get possession of the new house (ahem*today*ahem) I may be buying all the things I've found.  There's a teeny tiny chance that I MIGHT wait until we at least design our new kitchen before purchasing too much but that could be a while and I've got gift cards just waiting to be used!

The first things I found were from Marshalls... I can't confirm these are the same ones I saw at Marshalls but they are equally as nice (as far as I remember at least)


This may sound crazy as I'm not huge into coffee... I mean I'll enjoy it on occasion but I can't recall the last time I made it at home (mostly because John makes it and I'm not even sure how to use our fancy new coffee maker) but I want to make a bit of a coffee bar in the new kitchen/dining room.  Plus, by having a spot off the regular kitchen counters for the coffee maker will free up a tiny bit more counter space!  It's a win all around I'm sure.  I would use one of these to keep coffee in... because I don't want the oh so attractive Folgers can displayed on the counter either.  If I had a second one I might hide some tea bags in it.

Then I was at the mall getting my ring inspected and I was trying to leave my regular way when I walk to the mall (through the movie theatre) but it was blocked off.  So I went with the next best option and cut through Chapters.  Naturally I browsed a bit on my way through there and naturally one of my first stops in that store was the clearance rack.  That's where I spotted this little number


(ok there were actually 2 different ones and then when I went online to grab a picture I found out there are 3!).  I have no idea where I would put this and it serves zero purpose but come on... it was on CLEARANCE (and 76% off)!  Plus, I have a gift card for chapters that I've had for at least a couple of years that should really get used.

I also considered buying it for a certain girls Christmas party gift exchange but I didn't... yet.

Other things I've been looking at for the new house:
baskets... for blankets maybe?  
Curtains... I don't even remember what they look like in the house but I'm sure they need updating.
Pictures
Ovens (I was at Home Depot once looking for large storage containers)
New Kitchens (because I was at Home Depot)
Lights... because I'm sure the dining room one might need updating

Basically... I'm looking forward to being in our new home and how we will make it ours!  

Stay tuned for all the lovely details on how we update the place to our liking (if all is going according to plan I'm scraping ceilings today!)

No comments: