All I've been posting about is cookies lately but certainly there is more to my life than cookies. So I sat down one Saturday afternoon to think about 5 things that were new or going on in my life... lately. Here's that list.
1) I discovered I like celery and started buying it on the regular. Here I thought for many, many years I didn't like it but then recently decided I did BUT only if peanut butter is involved. Riveting.
2) A friend and I have been going for bike rides and I've discovered that my bike is quite heavy. This is unfortunate because I have to carry it downstairs whenever I want to use it. Which is likely part of the reason I don't use it too often. I think our longest ride has been 17km which was actually quite hard because it was SO windy... so go us!
3) I started running. The weather finally turned nice and I decided I could start wearing shorts and going for runs. I usually follow a program to get me up to running 5km straight and this year I'm trying something new. There is a walking path not far from where I live that when I do the whole thing (starting from my place) is 7km. I always walk the first and last 1.5km though (and since I'm just starting off I walk in between my runs too). My goal right now is to get down to a 7min km... which may not seem too hard BUT it includes those 3kms at the beginning and end that I walk. Once I manage to start running the entire path my goal will just be to continue to run it and to run it faster each time. Right now I can get through all 7km in under an hour.
4) I've been working a lot. Lately it's been mostly nursery and kindergarten. Which isn't my favourite but you get a lot more hugs and appreciation than when you teach middle school!
5) I set out my patio furniture. I already mentioned it but I've been spending more time outside and that includes sitting outside and reading the occasional book.
Not an exhaustive list... that's probably because there isn't a whole lot going on in my life at the moment... just needed to let you all know that there was more to my life than cookies though.