Monday 7 March 2016

Nutella White Chocolate Chip Cookies

52 Weeks of Cookies:  Week 36

Sorry for the delay in posting this... would you believe that I actually made these cookies on Friday?  Didn't think so...

I went out and bought some Nutella for some hazelnut-y tasting cookies.  You can find the recipe I used for these cookies here.

The only thing I altered in this recipe was that I let the dough sit in the fridge for a couple of hours before baking them.

The outcome?  They are fine cookies (I'm not a HUGE fan of white chocolate and actually found there to be too many chocolate chips in general in the dough... there were a bunch leftover in the bottom of the bowl after I finished making the cookies).  Anyways, there is a but with that statement and that is this... I can't tell that there is Nutella in them!  It's a real disappointment actually.  Sometimes, if I concentrate really hard on trying to taste the Nutella flavour a little bit comes through... but most of the time... nothing (and I think it might have to do with 1) there being so many chocolate chips and 2) there not being enough Nutella!).



Anywho, I think there is room for improvement on this one... I'll try another Nutella cookie recipe in the future and give this one a 7/10

Last week I made some Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies that were delicious (and no, I can't tell there is zucchini in them!)

No comments: