Tuesday 22 March 2016

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

52 Weeks of Cookies:  Week 38


Yes, that's right... there are two forms of chocolate in these cookies (and no that is not a typo when I write chocolate twice).

I've made these before... they come from a recipe I wrote down many moons ago and so I'm not sure where it comes from.  Perhaps you know, if you do feel free to link it in the comments because I certainly did not invent this one!

Ingredients:

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.  Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.  Stir into butter mixture until well blended.  Mix in chocolate chips.  Drop rounded teaspoon sized balls onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes.

Makes 4 dozen cookies

Enjoy!

These ones are good... you'll enjoy them if you enjoy chocolate.  If you don't enjoy chocolate this much then I would recommend using something other than the chocolate chips..,. peanut butter or mint ones would be delicious too I think!

I'm giving them a 9/10... only because I'm not a huge fan of so much chocolate BUT I can still appreciate that this is a pretty good cookie... so good that I'll be sharing them with my life group tomorrow!

Last week I made some of the most delicious cookies ever... especially if you like bananas.  Check out my Banana Cookies!


No comments: