Wednesday 7 December 2016

SNOW DAY

3 out of 5 of the divisions I can work in cancelled classes today (and yesterday as well).  All city school buses are not running.... sometimes even the substitute teacher gets a snow day!


So I've made a long list of things to get done today... 

I've already got a load in the washing machine and the dishwasher.
Once the dishwasher is done I'm going to attempt to put all these tomatoes to use and make and can some salsa (the jars need to be warmed for it to work properly).
I've got some presents to wrap.
I've got some meat to sort through and freeze.
I still have groceries in the car (because I had already done 5 trips up and down those stairs in the snow and didn't think I had it in me to carry the big bag of rice last night)
I'm going to make the executive decision on what we are doing for our preliminary batch of thank you's from the wedding and order those so we can hand some out this weekend.
Dishes need to get done (after I make the salsa though)
It looks like I have some snow to shovel
Maybe I'll vacuum
We got our free (included in condo fees) cable finally hooked up last night so I think I'm allowed to sit back and watch something.
If the road reports within the city seem better than yesterday I've been invited to a friends for dinner
Oh, and I've got Bible study tonight (if the roads are okay).

Bur for now, I'm listening to Family Force Five's Christmas album - Christmas Pagent, drinking hot chocolate, and not leaving the computer until I type up a little something something about our trip to Mexico!

(this last thing proved to be more difficult than I had anticipated... apparently my iphone needed updating before it would show up on my computer!)

Here's hoping it's a productive day off!

No comments: