Friday 16 September 2016

Making Room

My goal over the summer was to make sure I made room for John to potentially (I say potentially because we are house hunting) move in here after our wedding in October.  I don't think I would be too happy to go from having all kinds of space (not that he really has all kinds of space now) to hardly any at all so hopefully my efforts will be noticed (and appreciated).

I have a walk in closet so I wasn't concerned about that at all.  It's probably big enough for 3 people... so if it isn't big enough for mine and John's things we have a problem.

I have 2 dressers (one is in the closet) and I think I've managed to get 4 drawers in total between the 2 dressers emptied.

I have 2 nightstands.  One is (sort of) emptied for him.  I say sort of because I store extra sheets and pillow cases in the bottom drawer of both nightstands.  So he technically has as much space as I do there.

There was never much I could do about the spare bedroom.  We'll have to figure out a way to move things around so John has space in there for his computer.  Since I only use my laptop I imagine packing up my desktop would be the best solution.

But my biggest accomplishment was tackling the indoor storage room (I have outdoor storage as well and I'm hoping we'll be able to store both our bikes in there).

Here is the before photo:


And the after photo:


Those random green bags on the floor I usually keep in my car... they were just there because I had just gone grocery shopping.

Or maybe we'll find a house to buy and have much more space!


No comments: