Friday 9 September 2016

Ice Cream

You scream, I scream, we apparently ALL scream for ice cream.

Cake Batter and Golden Oreo Ice Cream
Well guess what, I've found a handy little way to make it in your very own home... no fancy ice cream maker required.

All you need is a can of sweetened condensed milk and 2 cups of heavy whipping cream.  The rest is pretty well up to you!

I found the recipe on The Comfort of Cooking.  The first one I made (which was not one of hers) was a chocolate peanut butter one.  So I used her Double Chocolate Pecan Ice Cream and just scooped in a bunch of peanut butter and left out the chocolate chips and pecans.  It was quite good.

The second one I made was her Funfetti Cake Batter Ice Cream.  I just left out the sprinkles and tossed in some crushed up Golden Oreos.  This one was also pretty good (but I think I like the chocolate one better).

I want to make a couple more while the weather is still decent.  I'm thinking I'll make a vanilla one but add a bunch of bananas to it.  Then another vanilla one but add a bunch of crushed up regular Oreos.  

You should probably try it... it's pretty easy.


No comments: